Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

Flaking Rims

DRM

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade
Hey there. I was just wondering if anyone was having problems with the ultimate rims on the 2020 palisade. I only had 30000 km (14months) on my palisade when I noticed all 4 of my rims were flaking. I went to the Hyundai dealer that I bought from. They were surprised to see what was happening to all 4 of my rims. Hyundai Canada came with $200/rim to get them refinished. I had to laugh and tell them where to place offer. Here in New Brunswick Canada these rims are $700+15%.
I have been looking into these rims. I just found another palisade with the same rims and they are starting to flake and this one only has 14000km on it.
As you can see in the pics they are no longer a nice looking rims. 16187759007595582587864539165897.jpg 16187759506988854314764786823112.jpg 1618775968030522537540996850977.jpg

Attachments

crossmi

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade
24000 klm on mine and all 4 rims are flaking. Hyundai has agreed to repair/replace under warranty.

LesG

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Hyundai Palisades
I have a 2020 Hyundai Palisades my rims starting flaking the dealer sent them out twice to be repaired the first time they were off color had runs and paint bubbles. The second time the dealer sent the out he told me that was the best they could do they still looked like they were painted and not well. The place the dealer sent the rims to destroyed a rim on my other car
Now a few months later they are flaking again, went to a different dealer waiting to hear.

crossmi

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade
Mine went in today to repair the flaking rims.
Fingers crossed it all goes well. Ill post when I get it back in a few days.

crossmi

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade
Got the vehicle back today, the rims were redone locally under warranty by Hyundai. The results are very good, they look brand new. Time will tell if they flake again however the service tech advised me that they typically dont fail a second time.

Attachments

sharkycsi

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade Limited. Lagoon Silvr
I have a 2020 Palisade Limited, and my rims are also flaking. The service manager at my dealership is dealing with the issue now. I will wait and see what the dealership will do.

Reactions
What I Drive
Palisade
I have a 2020 Hyundai Palisades my rims starting flaking the dealer sent them out twice to be repaired the first time they were off color had runs and paint bubbles. The second time the dealer sent the out he told me that was the best they could do they still looked like they were painted and not well. The place the dealer sent the rims to destroyed a rim on my other car
Now a few months later they are flaking again, went to a different dealer waiting to hear.
What did the dealer end up agreeing to do?

Reactions
What I Drive
Palisade
We are in the same boat, dealer wont call me back 🙄

Hyundai Palisade Posts